Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Just like the first week of my genius hour this week was also a hard goal to reach. I was doing another set of 25 words, which as I have said before is very hard to complete in an hour. I am relived that these to weeks are over because I believe them to be the most difficult. As we gain on our six weeks of the genius hours i'm starting to come up with ideas for my final presentation. I had an idea that I might wright out a simple conversation between two people in Afrikaans. I would take a volunteer from the class to read half of the conversation so that the class could hear my progress compared to someone who had never spoke this language. I might also have the person try and translate what we had spoke about.

5 comments:

  1. I am very excited to see how far you come while learning this language. I do not know very much about the people that speak Afrikaans and can't wait for you to teach us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems super cool! I am excited to see how much you learn. I don't think that I have ever heard a conversation in Afrikaans, and so I am very excited to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I am glad that you have progressed through tough times. Learning a new language is not easy, so I give you big props for that. Have you though about trying to learn less words a week? That could maybe ease the stress. I would also recommend flash/note cards. Those helped me a lot through my years of french. I can tell that you are progressing finely through this project and I'm excited to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete